Albion in the Community (AITC) (Short Break Provider)
Our disability department at Albion in the Community has been running our award-winning disability programme since 1997. We are now the largest provider of disability football in Sussex - giving more people than ever the chance to take part in both fun and competitive sport.
Albion in the Community is a Short Break provider
What we do:
- Albion in the Community provides disability football sessions for players age 4 to adult to develop their football and team building skills. This includes a range of programmes from pan-disability (fully inclusive) to disability specific sessions.
- Every player has the opportunity to participate in local level competition. AITC also ensures there are performance pathways for players all the way through to international levels. We also operate a number of teams who compete in national leagues.
- Our inclusive sessions are for all with a disability. They are a development and fun session open to all. There is many local clubs ranging from, Eastbourne, Worthing, Horsham, Brighton, Burgess hill and Chichester
- The disability specific session are there for players to play on a level playing field. We have really taken off our disability specific session. We have a wide range such as Learning disability, Downs syndrome, Autism, Deaf, Cerebral Palsy
- Albion in the Community are proud to deliver awareness training to help break down barriers and look at disability sport in a positive and practical way. Using specialist equipment and fun games we cover terminology, communication and basic sign language.
Our users say:
"Albion in the Community have given me the chance to be part of a team, I feel proud when my family watch me"
Albion in the Community Wheelchair/Powerchair...
Do you use a wheelchair or powerchair? Would you like to play football? We are starting a new regular session open to anyone with a wheelchair or powerchair who would like to give football a try. You could be a complete newcomer, or someone looking to return to the game. The session will be delivered by our expert coaches and specialist powerchairs will be available for players to use if they