Access to work - Paid Work Route
If you’re disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it hard for you to do your job, you can:
check your eligibility for access to work here.
What we do:
- Your employer must make certain changes (known as ‘reasonable adjustments’) to make sure you’re not substantially disadvantaged when doing your job. https://www.gov.uk/reasonable-adjustments-for-disabled-workers
- If the help you need at work isn’t covered by your employer making reasonable adjustments, you may be able to get help from Access to Work.
- You’ll be offered support based on your needs, which may include a grant to help cover the costs of practical support in the workplace.
- •have a disability or health condition (physical or mental) that makes it hard for you to do parts of your job or get to and from work •be 16 or over •live in England, Scotland or Wales - there’s a different system in Northern Ireland
- Certain benefits may affect whether you can get an Access to Work grant.