4sight Vision Support
4Sight Vision Support is a charity supporting people living with sight loss, based in West Sussex. We also provide information, advice and practical support to anyone with sight impairment, carers, families and other organisations.
We provide services to improve health and wellbeing, promote independence and prevent social isolation. Working closely with other local organisations, councils and health services; we provide comprehensive sustainable support to everyone affected by sight loss.
What we do:
- 4Sight Vision Support operates with a small staff team and several hundred volunteers who are essential in the delivery of our services. We rely on fundraising, events, donations, legacies and other activities to the meet the annual costs involved.
- Information, Advice & Guidance: • Emotional Support • Advocacy • Signposting • Telephone Befriending • Transcription – Braille, CD, USB & other electronic formats • Quarterly Newsletter • Access to Exhibition and Focus Days
- Vision Support: • Sight Care Advisor Services – based in Southlands Hospital, Shoreham & St Richards Hospital, Chichester • Skills for Seeing training • Sig• Low Vision Assessments • Assistive Technology Support • Equipment Purchase
- In centre support: Low Vision Clinics in Crawley & Horsham Hospitals; Monthly drop in sessions in Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Crawley & Horsham; Low Vision Aids & Equipment Advice & displays at our Support Centres in Bognor Regis, Midhurst & Shoreham
- In your community: Social, Activity, Leisure and Special Interest Groups – over 30 different clubs and activity groups across the county.