Children & Young People's Community Nursing (Chichester), West Sussex
We are three teams of specialist community children's nurses who provide advice and direct nursing in the community.
We provide out of hospital care for children who are ill or who require nursing to enable them to stay at home or school. This includes babies, children and young people who have:
What we do:
- A long term health condition, complex health needs and disability; including requiring continuing care, a life- limiting and life- threatening illness, including requiring palliative and end of life care.
- We give practical advice and support to families and carers.
- In Chichester we also have the Snowdrop Care at Home team, who are a specailist children's palliative care team. We have a specialist CYP palliative care counsellor based in the Snowdrop team.
- Referrals are accepted from GP’s, Consultant Paediatricians, Health Visitors, School Nurses, other Health Professionals, Social Workers and Child and Family Mental Health Services. Parent/carer referrals are also accepted.
- We are open: Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm (except Bank Holidays) For End of Life Care we offer 24hr standby care in partnership with Snowdrop at Home care and Chestnut Tree House. From late 2015 we will offer Saturday visits.