ABA (Applied behaviour analysis) programmes use a behavioural approach to teach skills and reduce challenging behaviour. Susan Lewis sets up and supervises ABA programmes for children on the autistic spectrum and the programmes focus on teaching language, play, self help and social skills. The programmes also focus on reducing challenging behaviour and teaching appropriate alternatives. Programmes are typically set up at home and work closely with school and nursery placements.
What we do:
- Susan Lewis BCaBA has 20 years' experience working in the field of ABA. She trained with the Wisconsin Early Autism Project (WEAP) and worked in their London clinic (LEAP). Since LEAP closed in 2005 Susan has worked as an independent ABA Consultant.
- Susan Lewis works closely with another experienced ABA Consultant and receives regular supervision from a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA).
- Susan Lewis sets up and supervises ABA programmes for children with ASD. Susan provides baseline and ongoing assessment, tutor and parent training, on-going supervision and setting of targets. The ABA programmes follow a developmental curriculum.
- Susan Lewis works closely with schools and nurseries and provides strategies to support the child's integration. Language, social skills, play skills and academics are taught on the ABA programme to help the child access a nursery or school placement.
- We focus on teaching adaptive behaviour and reducing challenging behaviour. Strategies are provided for parents and schools to help improve behaviour across all environments. We teach functional skills that generalise to the child's everyday life.
Age Range: 2–20
Free to use?
07900 218 351
For more information, and to read about how to access this service, visit:Local Offer webpage
4 Abinger Road,