Aldingbourne Country Centre
Aldingbourne Country Centre is a rural day service providing a variety of vocational training opportunities for adults with learning disabilities. We support people to gain transferable and practical skills through social enterprise whilst supporting independence & progression. We are also an open community resource offering ‘a great day out’ for all the family with an open farm, café, children’s play area, mini golf, ride on tractors, woodland walk and new for summer 2017 the maze.
What we do:
- The centre is free to access to visit the café and social enterprises. There is a small charge for day visitors to our great day out and events. Support Services are purchased via the Local Authority or direct payments.
- We are based off the A27 between Chichester, Bognor and Arundel opposite the Fontwell Race Course. We are open to the public 7 days a week and we support our clients to participate in our services and develop work skills.
- Specific skills are developed through group training in activities such as wood work, furniture restoration, and creative groups including digital media. During school holidays we host a range of special fun and educational events.
- Practical life skills are developed through social enterprise groups such as catering, hospitality and retail. Service users are able to interact with customers and handle money.
- Everyone has common induction training. Staff have all special training around individual needs and communication. We enable young people to make the transition from education into the world of work.