Young Voices 4 You (Young Inspectors)
Young Inspectors is all about young people and professionals working together in a positive way. It is a chance for you to have your say and share your ideas and experience as a young person to make services better. West Sussex County Council want young people to have more of a say and help services in West Sussex change anything that could be better, and share what they do well.
What we do:
- The project offers training to young people to develop the skills they need to give clear and helpful feedback to services. The young people then go out and visit services and say what they think could improve and what is working well.
- Young Inspectors is a pilot project in West Sussex supported by Rachel, the SEND Participation Lead in IPEH. Training and meetings take place at youth centres and sometimes County Hall. Visits to services are out in the community .
- The project is for 16 to 25 year olds with additional needs and disabilities. Young people with a wide range of needs and abilities are encouraged to take part.
- The SEND Participation Lead is employed by WSCC and has over 10 years experience in working with young people with SEND. She is trained to use PECS and Makaton . Other colleagues supporting in the sessions are all DBS checked and experienced .
- As we go out and about in the community, please let us know if you have any accessibility needs so we can make sure buildings are suitable.