Action for Dysphasic Adults Worthing
Dysphasia is a communication disability usually following from a stroke or other brain injury.
Action for Dysphasic Adults (ADA) is a self -help group for people with dysphasia and their carers.
We offer support to dysphasics and their families, through structured activities to work on their communication skills and rebuild confidence.
ADA is affiliated to The Stroke Association and run entirely by volunteers, most of whom have been affected in one way or another by dysphasia.
What we do:
- ADA hold meetings on the last Wednesday of each month at the United Reformed Church, Shaftesbury Avenue, Goring. There are no charges for our service.
- Our meetings are structured to help dysphasics and their families to cope with the disability, working alongside other people with dysphasia and sharing ideas and strategies.
- The meeting hall is fully accessible and wheelchair friendly. If transport is required we will always do our best to find a solution.
- In addition to our monthly meetings we also run a number of outside visits during the year to places of interest.
- All of us at ADA are committed that everyone attending gains from the experience and has fun!