Making Sense of It All : 2 Day Foundation Course - Horsham
What is the event?
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED.
Has your child been recently identified as having additional needs? Do you find the systems and support for special educational needs confusing? Would you benefit from a broad overview of how it all works?
This new two day course has been designed to provide an introduction on all the key issues parent-carers will encounter as your children grow and develop. It aims to empower parents of children undergoing or who have recently undergone diagnosis but is helpful to any parents who feel they need an overview of the following subjects and issues: -
- Coming to terms with and understanding your child’s diagnosis
- Where to go for information and advice
- Handling stress and building resilience
- Gaining support from other parent-carers
- Accessing benefits and financial support
- Getting support for your child at school
- Accessing support through health & social care
- Accessing other key services and opportunities in West Sussex
Dates: Friday 19 June and 26 June Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Tickets: £30 for two days (Concession ticket £20 for parents who are on work related benefits)*
One ticket purchased for 19th June is valid for both dates of the course - 19th June and 26th June
To book a place please go to: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-sense-of-it-all-foundation-course-tickets-96860663853
THIS COURSE FOR PARENT CARERS ONLY
We regret we are unable to accommodate any children at the workshop and request that you make alternative arrangements.
*If the cost of attending is a barrier to you, please do contact us to see if we can work out a solution.